The Monmouth Council Alumni Committee and NESA Chapter are working to become a more social and fraternal organization. The ultimate goal of both groups is to reconnect formerly active Scouts and Scouters with the current day program. If you have ideas on how to accomplish this goal or wish to assist the committee please contact Dan Dunn, Alumni Chairman.
Hall of Fame
- Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
- Marshall W. Errickson Distinguished Eagle Award
- Friend of Eagle Award
- NESA Outstanding Eagle Scout Award
“Gathering of Eagles” Recognition Dinner
All of Monmouth Council Eagle Scouts, who earned their award in 2014, are invited, along with their parents and Scoutmasters to this fabulous evening at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, 6 Industrial Way East, Eatontown and will begin with a gathering period starting at 6:30 pm on Friday, May 15, 2015
The NESA Chapter is developing a database of potential Career Mentor/Sponsors. This will allow us to easily match any Eagle Scout that may attend this year, or any future dinner, with a Career Mentor/Sponsor in a field he is interested in. While we cannot guarantee a match for the upcoming dinner; if a potential match arises we will contact you first to make sure you available. If agreeable, we will then provide you and the Scout with each other’s contact information. Eagle Scouts, non-Eagle Scouts, and women are encouraged to volunteer as a Career Mentor/Sponsor.
The responsibilities of the career mentor/sponsor are as follows:
- Contact the Eagle Scout and try to arrange a date, hopefully prior to or the day of the dinner, to discuss education & career opportunities in the mentor’s field. This date may also involve a tour of the workplace or facility (remember that Youth Protection rules are in effect, and there is no one-on-one contact with any of the Scouts).
- Attend the dinner if possible, cost is $45 per person, and seated at the Scout’s table with his parent(s).